In the course of completing the Graduate College's online application, you will be asked to upload the following:
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others who are familiar with your academic background and your potential for research. The Program in Applied Mathematics does not use recommendation forms. The writers of your letters of recommendation will be asked to submit their letters electronically. If you or they have any questions regarding the letters of recommendation or the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of Purpose describing your interests in applied mathematics, the areas of research you are interested in, any past research experiences you have had, and why you think that the Program in Applied Mathematics at The University of Arizona is suited to your goals as a graduate student. In addition, please describe any teaching or tutoring experiences you have had and, if applicable, include a list of courses that you have taught. Please note that prior teaching experience is not a prerequisite for admission.
- Transcripts and degree certificates from all post-secondary institutions attended. You may upload scanned or electronic versions of your transcripts and diplomas for initial evaluation of your application. The Graduate College requires that an official transcript be submitted after admission. For detailed information on what constitutes an official transcript, please see see the Graduate College's transcript requirements here.
- GRE General Test scores. The Subject Test is optional. (If you have your scores sent to us electronically, please use 4832 for the Institution code and 0702 for the Program in Applied Mathematics).
- English Proficiency Requirements: https://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/requirements/international-applicants#english-proficiency